Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rhapsody in Turquoise

For years now I have been obsessed with this chandelier, posted tonight by Dagny at Beautiful Living. I wanted it for my back loggia in our last house. But yes, Dagny, it is crazy expensive. So I was determined to make it! Until the rest of my life got in the way. But the fire to possess something beautiful of which I have no real need has ignited in me once again. I am indeed going to recreate it and blog all about it. And you my dear followers are going to hold me to it! 

7 comments:

  1. This is truly fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Am super excited to see the finished result!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun project!!! that is a beautiful chandelier.... I will be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gals! I just went to buy the beads and met a really nice, cool woman who owns a day spa in Malibu, at which she also sells the jewelry she makes. What a life, eh? Anyway, she gave me some great tips! I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT chandelier! I am wondering if you have seen it illuminated? Where is the light source exactly? It doesn't look like a lot of light can get through the beads....but I would use it just for room jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't actually seen it illuminated. I had that same thought, though. I considered spacing the strands furthers apart, but it would lose its effect a bit, don't you think? I'll let you all know. For now, this baby will have to wait. I'm swamped with other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, I can't wait to see! Must follow to see you progress! xo

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. And share this on facebook!