Friday, July 16, 2010

The perfect patio?

I'm crazy for these pictures, and derailed yet again. Just when I thought I'd settled on the black and white cushions for my patio, I came across these images of a rooftop garden on an old brick building. 
I love the feel of a true patio garden, with potting benches, antique linens and flea market finds. 

Imagine sitting out here with friends eating artisan cheeses + figs, with lots of bread, chased down by Lillet on ice (my fav summer drink!). My husband would be opening bottles of red wine for everyone. I'll be wearing this little mini tunic dress....
and listening to this hauntingly beautiful Carla Bruni remake of the old song You Belong To Me. (It was her thumbing her nose at the critics as she and Sarkozy vacationed along the Nile.)


As afternoon turned to night, guitars would come out and we'd sit under the glow of that giant chandelier of candles.
On that note, I'm off to meet my date/hubby at our favorite village restaurant. Happy Weekend!

Images: patio, Shannon Fricke; tunic on sale for $165! net-a-porter; sandals, Elizabeth+James


6 comments:

  1. Love your description of your patio gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it all sound so perfect!
    Have a wonderful time tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous imagery! I wish I had a magical outdoor patio! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and thanks so much for stopping by La Lamp Shade today!

    Raina

    If the Lamp Shade Fits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect evening! Thanks for stopping by my blog - so great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fantasies. They are always really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. And share this on facebook!